[development] Why would permissions not save?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Aug 27 16:35:08 UTC 2010

Nancy, It might not have anything to do with your module.

I've had the same problem and found that it was suPHP defaults causing the problem.

Do you have suPHP installed on your server? I'm on an iPhone right now and can't check my php.ini files right now... But look for "suhosin" there and increase the numbers there. I think it's the max_variables one that needs increasing.

Good luck,


Shai Gluskin

On Aug 27, 2010, at 8:54 AM, nan wich <nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I've never had this happen before. I just added a new function to an existing module. That function is called from a MENU_NORMAL_ITEM with a new permission for that item. The permissions list show the new permission, but checking the roles doesn't save it. Furthermore, check another box on an existing permission is not saving that either.
> The only things I have added recently is the External Links module and that should have nothing to do with it.
> Nancy
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/attachments/20100827/3ab1fb41/attachment.html 

More information about the development mailing list