[development] Views tests

Karen Stevenson karen at elderweb.com
Fri Dec 24 13:14:53 UTC 2010

I have been trying to add more tests to the Date module and one thing that
is really needed are tests that the Views integration is working. I see that
the D7 version of Views has lots of tests but can't see any way I can use
that to test my custom default views and my views plugins and handlers. I
don't want to re-invent all the stuff that is already done but I don't know
if there is any way to re-use any of it.

I don't have time to figure this all out right now, but would love to know
if there is a way to do this. I would also love it if someone who *does*
know how to do it would like to create some tests (which could then also be
examples for other modules that want to add test coverage for their Views
handlers and plugins).

Karen