[development] Mail script problem: please help

Dayton Perkins perkinsd at chartermi.net
Sat Feb 13 15:52:09 UTC 2010

I am using Mime Mail to send mails to users who are opted in to a users
mailing list for a certain user role. I had written a similar script for
another site, looping through email addresses and invoking mimemail()
for each. Unfortunately though I pumped up the memory limit, that script
white screened ( haven't checked in too much detail as the "client" is a
non-payer), though the script did send out the mails.

So for this project, I decided to class it up a bit using jQuery to loop
through sending $get requests to the server and load in a "loading"
graphic whilst waiting for a response for each mail in turn. I put my
mailing script in the docroot since putting it in my module resulted in
path errors. Everything works, including sending the emails, loading in
the loading graphic per email and then a sent message, writing to the
database, etc.  EXCEPT for 2 things.
When I open the script in a browser, I get the following notices:

*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/modules/dblog/dblog.module* on line *135*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/includes/database.mysqli.inc* on line
*102*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/modules/dblog/dblog.module* on line *135*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/includes/database.mysqli.inc* on line
*102*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/modules/dblog/dblog.module* on line *135*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/includes/database.mysqli.inc* on line
*102*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/modules/dblog/dblog.module* on line *135*
*Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in
*/home/content/t/o/n/tonebari/html/includes/database.mysqli.inc* on line
*102

Additionally, *when I run the AJAX page, it sends the emails, writes the
data and everything looks dandy, but when I navigate to another page I
find I have been logged out! :-) I do see the first notice above is
inside dblog_watchdog() Seems to me that the browser isn't sending
cookies? I added global $user; print_r($user); right after the call to
drupal_bootstrap, (after re-logging ;-) )and I see that I my user data
is present.
help? *

*here's the mailer script
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
require_once './includes/bootstrap.inc';
drupal_bootstrap(DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_FULL);
$sender = 'no-reply at example.com';
$last = $_GET['l'];
$cid = $_GET['c'];
$user= $_GET['u'];
if($user==0){ // not a user || no uid ;These emails are added to the
database another way...
    $recipient = $_GET['e'];
    $mail = $recipient;
} else {
     $recipient = get_user($user); // This gets the user object I also
tried just using global $user and $user->mail
     $mail = $recipient->mail;
}
if(!isset($_SESSION['mailer-errors'])) { $_SESSION['mailer-errors']=0; }
$subject = $_SESSION['subject'];
$code=randStrng();
$optLink = '<p>'.l('Opt out of these emails',
'http://example.com/center/opt', array('query' =>
'cid='.$cid.'&code='.$code.'&mail='.$mail)).'</p>';
$body = $_SESSION['body'].$optLink;
if($sent = mimemail($sender, $recipient, $subject, $body)) {
    write_promo_data($user, $recipient, $cid,  $code);
    echo 1;
} else {
    echo 0;
    $_SESSION['mailer-errors'] ++;