[development] No suitable nodes available at RackspaceCloud (Mosso)

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Thu Feb 18 17:11:32 UTC 2010

There was an excellent writeup about this set of issues here:
http://mavergames.net/content/drupal-rackspace-clouds-cloud-sites-platform-some-tips-our-experiences

I should mention that it's Rackspace Cloud Sites that is the problem -
Rackspace Cloud Servers are quite good, aside from the fact that their
network seems to get more than its share of DDOS attacks. There should be
*no* password-controlled shell access to one of the servers though, as
they're constantly under attack (as all wide-open VPSs on the internet are).

I certainly agree that hosting without shell access is a non-starter in any
environment, and for that reason never even experimented with Cloud Sites.

-Randy

--
Randy Fay
Drupal Development, troubleshooting, and debugging
randy at randyfay.com
+1  970.462.7450