[development] Deploying content from master site to subsites

andrew morton drewish at katherinehouse.com
Fri Jan 1 03:57:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Domenic Santangelo <domenics at gmail.com> wrote:
> As to overengineering in general, I think Drupal as a whole would be in a much better place if we called each other out on it more often (imagefield+imageapi+imagecache+upload+cck required for images in a node, anyone?). Food for thought.

Okay given that lead-in then I'll call you out on a factual error
since upload is a core module and not needed in the imagefield+cck
stack you outline. That aside I think you picked the worst possible
example, the image handling methods that dopry established have been
tested and proven, that's why they're in core in D7. I'd go further
and say that that type of well thought out, engineered work is exactly
what makes Drupal great.

andrew