[development] Why is Overlay in core?

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Tue Jan 5 15:33:33 UTC 2010

>  Have you tried opening admin links in new tabs and it did not work as
>  it did before?

Of course it works. But they open in the overlay again, which presents
me with a smaller working area, and really nothing added except a
shiny-looking AJAX / JS annoyance. If people are doing opening Overlay
in tabs anyways, what is the point of having Overlay at all?

Anyways, I will follow up in the issue Ezra posted.

Brian