[development] build/deployment experiences or suggestions

T L tloud365 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:25:55 UTC 2010

Hi All,

If anyone is interested, we are implementing Hudson CI with phing.

Hudson looked a bit more robust and mature than xinc and we don't mind
that it's java-based rather than xinc's php-base.  I was able to find
quite a few very promising Hudson plugins surrounding code style,
duplication, design, etc.  It's also clear that Hudson will work well
with subversion and simpletest.  Lastly, a couple of big names
(flickr, the economist) notably implemented Hudson.  In any event,
Hudson looked like a great product that would install easily and work
well with our other tools.  I can't say the same wouldn't be true for
xinc, I just couldn't tell from the quick research I did.

Be happy to share our thoughts six weeks from now too, if there's
interest.

Cheers,
Tim

Tim Loudon