[development] Creating a user and assigning a node in the node's submit callback.

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Wed Jan 13 15:46:01 UTC 2010

Just to follow up on the original post...

The reason this wouldn't save is because of this little code block in
node_submit() which is called by the node_form_submit() submit handler,
which executes after my custom submit handler:

if ($account = user_load(array('name' => $node->name))) {
   $node->uid = $account->uid;
}

Setting $form_state['values']['name'] to the new account's name caused
the right uid to be assigned.

Thanks for the responses and suggestions, all of you!

Brian