[development] So confused about arg(...)

Emanuele Quinto emanuele.quinto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:29:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Nancy Wichmann <nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Jamie Holly wrote:
>
>> setting the status message won't show up on the current page
>
> Yes, I figured that out, but even if I refresh the page, the message is
> still screwy. Further more, right after this is “switch arg(0)” and it is
> trying to find a “case ‘r’” rather than “taxonomy.”
>

> Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
>> calling the same function with the same argument twice in a row is
>> wasteful
>
> I agree, and I originally saved it to a variable, but changed it back when
> this weird stuff started happening.
>

> Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP
>
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
> Jr.

drupal_add_js() in page template not working
http://drupal.org/node/482542#comment-1666888

page.tpl.php -Theme implementation to display a single Drupal page.
Available variables:
$messages: HTML for status and error messages. Should be displayed prominently.
http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/modules--system--page.tpl.php

Your drupal_set_message happens when $messages is already set,
so you are not really changing the message but setting the message for the next
page loading when in

http://api.drupal.org/api/function/template_preprocess_page/6

new $message is set with
 $variables['messages']          = $variables['show_messages'] ?
theme('status_messages') : '';

status messages are stored in a $_SESSION['messages']

So if you want to add your message you should change the variable $message.
In this way the result you get should be the same.

ema

--
Emanuele Quinto - www.wfp.org