[development] Send Contents of new node by email (2nd attempt)

Ernst Plüss ernst.pluess at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:02:01 UTC 2010

Thanks for the hint!

I need a solution which sends the email right after the node has been
created (30-60 Seconds delay would be ok).

I had a quick look at the rules scheduler code. Unfortunately it's not a
real timer solution. It just wirtes a record to the db. The next time cron
is run all sceduled rule sets which have expired are executed. I think it's
not a good idea to call cron every 60 Seconds.

Is there a way to tell drupal (or apache) to do something in x Seconds?

Best Regards
Ernst