[development] How to trigger access denied page from hook_nodeapi

Pierre Rineau. pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Fri Jan 29 08:33:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 10:04 -0800, Matt Chapman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Pierre R.
> <pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com> wrote:
> > Another way is working with the hook_node_grants(), but this is a total
> > mess, I never figured out how does it work exactly. I think the guy
> > which have implemented this one must have some brain damage.
>

> Actually, the hook_node_grants() / hook_node_access_records() system
> is effective and powerful. If you can improve on it, patches are
> welcome. In any case, it's a bold move to insult the mental ability of
> someone else because you can't understand their work....
>
> -Matt

I did that intentionnally, I indeed think it's a great API, but I think
the documentation about it isn't so great, it's effective (I did use a
lot of modules using it) but IMHO it's against the KISS principle (or
just not well documented).

I apologies to the people who did it, it's I'm pretty sure great code,
but pretty hard to understand.

Pierre.