[development] Node body weight ignored?

Lee Rowlands leerowlands at rowlands-bcs.com
Mon Jun 7 03:10:26 UTC 2010

We've all done it before - any chance your $node argument in the function
definition is missing the &? One I'm always guilty of with form handlers
when wondering why $form_state['rebuild'] = TRUE won't work or even better,
I've called my function somemodule_nodeapi but the module's called
someothermodule.

>The module's install file finds the highest weight in the system table and
adds one to it, so it should be absolutely the last thing to run.

>>Just a thought, is content module (cck) coming through after your change
and resetting it? Give your module a lower weight in the system table to
test if something else is overriding your change.

>>>I have a hook_nodeapi op='view' implementation that is changing
$node->content['body']['#weight']. Apparently it is being ignored because
every other section that has a weight higher (less negative) than that
weight is still being rendered above the body. I haven't yet gone digging
through core to find out why this is happening. Is this the correct
behavior?