[development] Multiple modules, multiple versions, in Eclipse

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Mon Jun 7 03:18:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 14:12 -0400, Ken Winters wrote:
> Then I do one "project" per module per active branch.  For example, if
> need to implement
> a feature in D7 then backport to D6, I'll have one "project" per.
> Importing a project via
> CVS makes this easy.  Also, I can keep most of the projects closed
> and
> cut down on memory footprint.

Thanks for the post -- this is what I was thinking about doing, but
wanted to ask before I completely rebuild my workspace, to avoid wasted
effort if it was a Very Bad Idea. :-)

So let's say I have "mymodule" with a branch tag of DRUPAL-6--1. What
process would you use (from the Eclipse perspective) to commit first a
beta (or two) and then a production release in getting that to
DRUPAL-6--2?

It sounds as if my problem may stem from having done one project per
module rather than one project per module per branch.

Scott

Scott Courtney               scott at 4th.com
http://www.4th.com/

--