[development] Multiple modules, multiple versions, in Eclipse

Ken Winters kwinters at coalmarch.com
Mon Jun 7 12:36:23 UTC 2010

I actually do branching via terminal, since the Eclipse interface for
that is a little confusing. As soon
as the branch tag exists, the rest is easy to do in Eclipse.

Once you make the branch, create another project for it and leave the
old branch intact. Having
just one project per module doesn't really save you anything, and
becomes a giant pain when
you want to have both open at once.  You could just make do with diff
windows, but it's hard to
work like that.

Betas and such are really a non-issue, because you don't have to
branch (just tag). Get to the
point where you want to release a beta, commit in the 6--2 project,
then tag.  Beta 2 is the same,
commit then tag.  Backport to 6--1? Open the 6--1 project, patch it,
commit, tag for release.

- Ken Winters