[development] Upload problems in D7

Bob Hutchinson hutchlists at midwales.com
Sat Jun 12 17:02:01 UTC 2010

On Saturday 12 June 2010, Randy Fay wrote:
> Hi Bob -
>
> The first thing to do is to leave the java applet out of the equation. Just
> access your callback URL in a browser. Hit
> http://example.com/my/path/to/callback. Do you get a 404? Then your module
> is not properly implementing that path or you've failed to rebuild the menu
> router after changing the code. First, get the URL to respond to you (by
> either rebuilding the menu router/clearing all caches, or by fixing your
> code) and then try it out with your java applet.

I tried this by grabbing the destination url out of the java applet's param
and it produced code 200 (success) in apache logs and reached the calback
function. I have a watchdog in there ATM.
I have been flushing caches after just about every change in code ;-)
I used firefox and I tried the same URL with wget, both succeed.
I also created a test page node with the url in it, that worked too.
The applet remains the same, it never reaches the callback, the paths are
identical to the D6 version.

The applet uses POST and I do wonder if D7 is rejecting it because it has no
'record' of a form and sees no form_id....

Anyway thanks for your suggestions, it helped eliminate a few possibilities.