[development] php4

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 14 19:33:13 UTC 2010

And therein lies the big reason. As a professional developer, if a
client insists on running a server with PHP4 then they are presented
with a disclaimer in the contract stating that the security of their
site/application can not be guaranteed do to the insecurity and lack of
support for PHP4. I started doing that right after the PHP4 EOL and have
only used it once since then. I have had a couple of other clients that
were on PHP4. One was on a self managed host and it was much cheaper for
them to let me update their server to PHP5 and the other changed hosting
providers. Actually from talking to that client, I think they were
looking for a reason to switch hosting companies and I gave it to them.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net