[development] Changing button #name?

Alex Bronstein alex at craftyspace.com
Wed Jun 23 16:21:07 UTC 2010

I think the line of documentation in the FAPI reference that says all
buttons must have the same #name should be updated. They all have
#name='op' by default. It is perfectly legitimate to have any particular
button use a different #name, and for different buttons on the same form
to have different #name. For $form_state['clicked_button'] to be set
correctly, all buttons must have a unique #name/#value combination, so
if they need the same #value, then different #name is perfectly
acceptable. At least, that's my opinion. Perhaps someone on this list
might know why the FAPI reference says otherwise.