[development] RE : [OT] Eclipse Helios

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Tue Jun 29 12:15:24 UTC 2010

Le mardi 29 juin 2010 à 13:38 +0200, fgm a écrit :
> However, note that, at least on Win32 and Lucid 32bits, the IDE tends to throw lots of JVM exceptions and crash a lot (like several times per hour), especially on large projects like a Drupal with a lot of contrib modules.
>
> Disabling Semantic Highlighting removes most of these problems.

It also depends on the tuning you could have done in your eclipse.ini
file.

In all cases, raising the -Xms and -Xmx settings to a reasonable amount
should cut off most the OutOfMemoryException.

You might also want to raise the -XX:PermSize and -XX:MaxPermSize
settings to a higher amount than default one.

You can also activate the -Dide.gc=true options if you are funky.

I currently use this settings, and it works really fine:
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5