[development] dev release of contrib module using CVS HEAD

David Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Wed May 5 23:17:00 UTC 2010

If I get what you're saying, I can create the DRUPAL-6--3 branch, then
when the time comes create the DRUPAL-6--4 branch off of that, and so
on.  It will have a bizarre effect on the version numbers, making them
unnecessarily long, but I guess most people wont notice that.  And the
HEAD branch will just be left as is till the end of time (or end of
drupal cvs which will hopefully be soon).

But even still, there is now a 2.x dev release being created from the
HEAD branch which conflicts with the DRUPAL-6--2  branch, and I have no
way to prevent that release (HEAD) from being built.

I can't be the only one to have encountered this.  How do other contrib
developers deal with it?

-Dave