[development] Problem with uploading images with RTL names

Carl Wiedemann carl.wiedemann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:09:50 UTC 2010

The core function file_validate_extensions() parses file names in the
assumption that the extension is the LTR suffix
http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes--file.inc/function/file_validate_extensions/6

The LTR suffix convention is widely used and important for security reasons.
There doesn't appear to be a clear solution aside from removing filename
extension limitations (a possible security vulnerability) or renaming your
files.