[development] Entity documentation needed

Sascha Grossenbacher saschagros at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 23:11:31 UTC 2010

Have a look at http://engineeredweb.com/blog/10/3/pluggable-entity-operations-drupal-7

As you can see, there isn't much. Implemented hook_entity_info() and
eventually customize the controller class for loading your entities.

That's basically all that entities have in common in core. Everything
else AFAIK is about making your entity fieldable, which is a different
topic.

There is also http://drupal.org/project/entity, which provides more
hooks and stuff, so that other modules (like Rules) can use your
entity).

Sascha