[development] Custom Handlers for Views 2

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sun Nov 21 15:36:12 UTC 2010

Yes, you're right. I was being unrealistically optimistic stating that I
was doing something vanilla, even more so because I am altering the
field configuration form, though that is the rendering manipulation
part, and it's really the pre-rendering part I've been having trouble
with (i.e. getting my hands on the field).

At first I looked at it as being vanilla, because it's simply a text
field added to a content type. What you state so clearly below was
actually somewhat of a leap for me. I mistakenly thought that CCK now
being in core meant that a fielded entity field would be somehow more
'native' in terms of accessing it.

Of course, that doesn't leave a whole lot of node fields that accept
hold content that are NOT abstractions. Title may be the only one...even
Body is now an entity field if I'm not mistaken.