[development] Views 3 custom handler (was Custom Handlers for Views 2)

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sun Nov 21 23:20:23 UTC 2010

I will write it up. That said, I got it working this afternoon! I'm a
little unsure about one part though, where I pluck the field's value
from the value array. It seems that there should be a more elegant way
of walking to the correct index than this:

$values->_field_cache[$this->field_alias]['object']->{$this->definition['field_name']}['und'][0]['safe_value'];

and in particular, the ['und'][0]['safe_value'] part of it. In my case,
it is predictable that there will only be one instance of the field in
the row, so the [0] is ok, otherwise I'd loop. I guess it's the ['und']
that is bothering me, especially not knowing what 'und' indicates.