[development] module to trigger an action/callback based on a date field ?

Greenman greenman at the-organization.com
Thu Nov 25 15:08:37 UTC 2010

Hi Folks

I am looking to trigger an event a specified time period before or after the
value in a date field. I can't quite believe that there is no existing
trigger system for this, but I have not been able to find something.

My basic use case is event reminders:
  2 weeks before an event, send an email
  3 days before, send a reminder
  2 days after an event, send a request for feedback

I don't see this as complex to build, but I would prefer to build on
something shared.

Does anyone know of a module to handle this ?

Cheers
Peter.