[development] php and js in a programmatic block

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sun Nov 28 15:43:03 UTC 2010

Nothing confuses me faster than mixing php and js (and especially
escaping the quotes). In this case, my confusion is the concept and not
the gobblygook.

I have a module invoking hook_block, and a function that creates and
returns the block content. In this function I invoke drupal_add_js to
gather the contents of ./mymodule.js

So far so good. However, the js needs to be dynamic...there are two
function values that need to be embedded in it. I'm thinking that with
this being the case, drupal_add_js might not be the way to go (back to
escaping quotes), but wanted to poll first for best practice, since I'll
be contributing this module.

Thanks,

Jeff