[development] _drupal_wrap_mail_line()

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri Oct 8 18:28:36 UTC 2010

Don't get me wrong.  I'm all in favor of my mail client displaying mail in an easy to read fashion.  I do consider it the job of a mail client to render mail that is received this way.  But that's very different from mucking with what I type on the way out.

Software like Outlook may does such mucking.  I've lost track of how many times a long URL is broken by that particular mail client.  But I definately consider it a bug in outlook, and one of the reasons not to use it.

With markup like HTML, we consider it the job of the browser to display it correctly.  Email is no different.  I still don't see any reason to break the lines.  (Tradition not being an influence on drupal in any other area AFAIK.)

:)

-Dave