[development] _drupal_wrap_mail_line()

Don donald at fane.com
Sat Oct 9 15:28:38 UTC 2010

  The Air Force used 129's for supply well into the mid-80s. They
punched a pre-printed card out for each item. You pulled the card and
the item from bins, signed and filled out your unit data, and dropped it
off at the front desk.
My budget came through 1 day after everyone else at the end of
September, so it was my job to spend any extra money at the end of the
year. I could spend the entire night filling out and signing cards.

The supply system still ran on an IBM system 370. It and the drum drives
took up a room the size of a small house.

IBM did have a luggable with a built-in CRT in the early 70s. It ran
basic or APL at the flip of a switch and had a keyboard input. It was
probably the size of an airplane overnight bag.

-Don-