[development] Creative ideas?

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Wed Oct 20 12:54:44 UTC 2010

Ian,

I'm thinking that what you did results in being able to sell Widget in
several languages and currencies, all sales coming from one inventory.
And that uc_domain would modify the invoices, etc. based on what country
the items were ordered from. Is that correct?

In this case, Widget would be item 001 in the U.S., item 002 in Canada,
etc. so that an order for it from the U.S. would not come from the same
inventory as an order for it from Canada, and all the downhill books
(sales accounting, distribution) would follow.

In other words, what you did would seem to be for one company and source
of goods sold to many places, where what I would need is the company
headquarters (with the admin panel) having a distribution company in
each country, each with their own inventory and accounting.

Jeff