[development] Creative ideas?

Ian Bezanson irb at ianbezanson.ca
Wed Oct 20 09:31:40 UTC 2010

Jeff:

You'd be better off, and likely have less headache to utilize the Domain Access module (http://drupal.org/project/domain) to achieve the latter bit, rather than separate installs, sharing a database.  I've built a multinational, multilingual storefront with Drupal and Ubercart earlier this year and that was definitely the way to go - you can manage content per domain, or make it available for all domains, use different themes per domain, etc.  If nothing else, come upgrade time you will thank yourself for doing it this way as you'll only have one site to maintain and upgrade - plus then your admin section IS in one spot, rather than having to fake it together.

As for general store/reporting separation, take a look at Ubercart Domain Access (http://drupal.org/project/uc_domain) which claims to allow "...an Ubercart store to span multiple domains, storing the originating domain when an order is made and displaying the correct store information on invoices."

I'm sure you'll have to do a little bit of exploration to make it all work together happily, but venture to guess it will be less time than the other approach.

Hope this helps,

--
Ian Bezanson
Bezanson IT Solutions