[development] Drupal 6 drupal_goto query

Vaibhav Jain in.vaibhavjain at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 05:26:21 UTC 2011

Hello List,

I am trying to use drupal_goto and not able to use as I would like to.

I am trying to create a custom callback for 404 pages and redirect them to
homepage.
I know this can be done via drupal default mechanism, but my homepage is on
panels, and have a condition check of drupal_is_front_page, so cannot be
used.
Also the URL does not change when we use default 404 mechanism.

Now, If I use drupal_goto('HOMEPAGE'), it stucks in a redirection loop, and
it is never redirected to homepage.

I tried printing the output in common.inc, where this function is defined.
On the very first line, i do get the correct path, but when it is passed in
header, it changes to current url, and thus stucks in loop.
I also tried using the header function directly and it worked.

Is this some kind of bug in core, Or am i doing something really silly which
i am not aware of.

Any help appreciated.

--
Thanks,