[development] SOLR - multiple indexes on single site?

Wesley Nichols spanishwes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:52:03 UTC 2011

If you are using D7, I recommend this combination
search_api
search_api_solr
facetapi
search_api_page

You can create multiple indexes and select fields from a particular
entity type and it will automatically offer to join anything else that
is related to that entity through a reference field.

In your case, I would create main index on nodes of the types you want
to search, then another index with the product display nodes, join the
commerce products and then you can use the facet api to just check
select your facets.

Finally, create a search_api_page for each index, and add your facet
blocks to these pages and voila, solr-based faceted search.

Wes