[development] reducing module size

Carl Wiedemann carl.wiedemann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 16:53:49 UTC 2011

Before you go out and rewrite all your code, consider what your goals are
with this. The decision, ultimately, should be driven by data, rather than
perception. Also consider: Do you have performance benchmarks? Are you
running an op-code cache? Is simply buying more RAM for the server less
expensive than your time spent reconfiguring these modules? How does
front-end performance affect page load comparatively? Food for thought.

Performance optimization can come in many different flavors -- sometimes the
low-hanging fruit is a better approach than radically altering your
development practices.

Also peruse some of the posts at http://groups.drupal.org/high-performance

Happy tuning :)