[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Adam B. Ross grayside at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:23:42 UTC 2011

I really love StackOverflow. I think the model absolutely has a place
in the greater D.O universe. There are too many long-term
disadvantages to outsourcing our support system. Anything Drupal on SO
is sure to get good traffic, but so does any other niche-popular thing
on the Internet.

One of the unmentioned advantages of the SO model is definitive access
to questions and topics that go unanswered, or unanswered by good
answers. This informs documentation needs very well. (In fact, good
answers can be clean enough to copy-and-paste as documentation.)

Personally, I've only used the D.O forums a few times. I have been a
forum junky for years, but I guess I'm a forum style traditionalist- I
can't wrap my head around the aesthetic and functionality of Drupal
forums enough to want to "hang out in that website".

I've got some ideas about the kinds of things we'd want to consider in
building a Drupal SO site, I'll look for the right place to drop them.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM, larry at garfieldtech.com