[development] Does Drupal Run in 64 bit Ubuntu Linux Machine

Cameron Eagans cweagans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:33:03 UTC 2011

Ubuntu has a PHP package and a MySQL package for 64 bit, so yes. Drupal,
being written in an interpreted language is more or less platform/processor
independent. The real question is whether you can get PHP and MySQL to run.
In this case, you can.

I usually try to stay away from howtoforge.com, but a really easy way to
install a lamp server (just to get started) is to run 'tasksel' (without the
quotes). You can then move the cursor down to "LAMP Server", hit the
spacebar to select it, hit tab to move to the OK button, and hit enter.
Ubuntu will then proceed to download and install all the packages that you
will need.

Please note that it will require some tuning to work well in a production
environment, but in most cases, tasksel can at least get you started.

Hope this helps!
Cameron