[development] Does Drupal Run in 64 bit Ubuntu Linux Machine

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:53:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Cameron Eagans <cweagans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu has a PHP package and a MySQL package for 64 bit, so yes. Drupal,
> being written in an interpreted language is more or less platform/processor
> independent. The real question is whether you can get PHP and MySQL to run.
> In this case, you can.
>
> I usually try to stay away from howtoforge.com, but a really easy way to
> install a lamp server (just to get started) is to run 'tasksel' (without the
> quotes). You can then move the cursor down to "LAMP Server", hit the
> spacebar to select it, hit tab to move to the OK button, and hit enter.
> Ubuntu will then proceed to download and install all the packages that you
> will need.
>
> Please note that it will require some tuning to work well in a production
> environment, but in most cases, tasksel can at least get you started.

Here's where we get off the beaten track: the man's asking if Drupal will
run on Ubuntu 64, yes or no; a legitimate question; obviously the answer is
yes.

What you have to do as sys admin in any server in a production environment
is another question, and it is no harder or easier in ubuntu 64 bit than any
other.

> Hope this helps!
> Cameron
>

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 00:18, kamparajan p <kamparajan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In this link is very useful to you,
>>
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_lamp_for_newbies
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Kamal Palei <kamal.palei.1975 at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>> I wanted to install Drupal 6 / Drupal 7 in a 64 bit Ubuntu machine.
>>> Just wanted to check if Drupal is compatible with 64 bit Ubuntu Linux
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> My machine's hardware profiles are -
>>> 1. CPU intel core *i5* 650 boxed 3.2 ghz socket 1156
>>> 2. MB intel P55 Chipset *DH55P* J Boxed