[development] Is it possible to have separate table for different content types in D7

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 11 15:16:17 UTC 2011

There are several extra questions to be asked here:
	1. Define "separate." If one creates a node module that creates content types,
then one must manage the extra fields - generally in new (i.e. separated from
node & node_revisions) tables created by the module.
	2. If one is talking about content created by other (e.g. core) modules, then
the answer is maybe. Take a look at the sql rewriting hooks or whatever D7 has
done to them.
	3. Lastly, why? I would think that the overhead of managing multiple tables
would outweigh any potential gains. I can't even begin to think what you would
have to do to Views to make it work in your scenario.

Nancy