[development] Alternative to drupal_bootstrap when we want to access Drupal data from other application?

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sun Feb 13 03:10:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

You could just bootstrap the database, but not all the modules will be loaded, and you may not get back the same results, as you would in drupal.

What the other problem could be that it is doing a lot in hook_init() which you could skip by defining MAINTENANCE_MODE as update.

see http://api.drupalecommerce.org/api/drupal/drupal--includes--common.inc/function/_drupal_bootstrap_full/6.x

Gordon.