[development] Drupal 7 fails to install on PostgreSQL

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Sun Feb 13 15:50:19 UTC 2011

Hi Thom -

The proper place for this is not in either mailing list - it's in the issue
queue <http://drupal.org/project/issues/drupal>. You'll find a number of
"installation fails" issues, and you should find the one that matches, or
create a new one. And you should read the ones that are there to get clues
about what the problem might be Many people are very anxious to make
installs as good as they can be, so please work with them in the queue. You
can become one of them, helping to resolve this problem.

If you create a new issue <http://drupal.org/node/add/project-issue/drupal>,
(or if you just chime in on an existing one) please make sure to give
complete information, as it suggests there, so somebody can understand and
repeat exactly what you've done.

You should mention, for example, whether this is a new install or an
upgrade, whether you dropped the database and recreated it before
installing, and whether you have any non-core modules installed (I hope
not).

-Randy

--
Randy Fay