[development] CVS -> GIT

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 19 04:07:19 UTC 2011

Thought about it, yes. However, by CD/DVD writer is currently jammed, so I can't
create a CD to build it. Then there is the learning curve... I have had, and
probably do now, have Cygwin, but only use it for making patches (primarily to
core). When I can afford a modern PC (and they make a laptop fast enough), I
will definitely create a dual virtual system.

There is something like a msysgit, but Tortoise specifically says not to use it,
so I'm not sure how to do CLI, even if I wanted to.

Nancy

From: Cameron Eagans
I guess you could also use cygwin and if I'm not mistaken, there's a Windows Git
binary floating around somewhere.
At risk of starting a flamewar, Nancy, have you thought about switching away
from Windows? Development workflows seem so much cleaner on *nix systems.