[development] Single signon question

Paolo Mainardi paolomainardi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:15:31 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Probably there are a lot of questions here about Drupal SSO implementation, but my searches did not help me a lot, so sorry in advance.

We are running a network of D6 sites (multisite), each site have a different db, with different users, not sharing any tables.

Some users, have signed themselves to more sites of the network, creating another complexity layer (same users, different uid).

The SSO must permits us to:

1) Normalize already registered users and automatically get them access to all site's network.
2) Same thing as before but for new registered users.

Openid could be a solution ?

Any kind of tips is really appreciated.

Best wishes.

Paolo Mainardi