[development] Single signon question

"Roberto Gorjão" roberto at asenseofdesign.com
Thu Jan 6 16:19:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, January 6, 2011 8:00 am, Paolo Mainardi wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM, "Roberto Gorjão"
> <roberto at asenseofdesign.com
>> wrote:
>

>> > Which module is capable to do this (SSO), probably you mean the core
>> > capabilities to share user tables ? And how fix the multiple "uid"
>> already
>> > registered on multiple sites by the same users ?
>

>> 3- The module capable of doing "SSO" is called, not surprisingly, "SSO"
>> and you may find it at http://drupal.org/project/sso
>>

> Yes i know that module, but:
>
> "This module is still in it's very early stages. It works, it's secure and
> it's stable but it has problems with things like user registrations (i
> recommend pointing registration links to Controller site)"
>
> And, this is why i asked here your experience in the field.

Have it installed in 5 websites from 2 different clients. No issues. You
need to be smart about the tables you share though. Those recommended by
the module documentation are a safe bet but you can share any other you
want/need, as, for example, the roles table (if you'll be using exactly
the same roles on each client website and on the controller website too).

>> 4- Try also this module -- User Import
>> (http://drupal.org/project/user_import) -- to the second part of your
>> question.
>>

> I can't see the link between my question and this module, thanks anyway.

Well, for many problems there are just no magic solutions. As this module
allows you to import users from all sorts of lists in several formats, you
can do your own filtering elsewhere (search for duplicates, using any
criteria you need, and eliminate them, either by querying the tables or by
dumping them to csv format, for example, and working on the data in any
other app that is convenient to you) and then use the result to add the
users you actually need to the controller site's users table.

HTH.

Roberto