[development] fixperm.php for fixing file/directory permissions on shared hosting env

Serhat Sevki Dincer jfcgauss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:53:58 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I have a website on a shared host to which I do not have shell access.
I can only upload files and extract tgz archives. When I upload my
drupal directory tree and extract it, file/directory permissions are
messed up. So I wrote a tiny php script to be placed in a drupal root,
and will be run (like http://example.com/fixperm.php) when necessary
(after an install or update). It is based on an example on php.net
chmod doc page. It seems to be working well for my case, and could be
useful to most shared host users I think.

My $.02,
Serhat