[development] How to make Dynamic webpage

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 03:45:15 UTC 2011

Hi All
I am quite new to Drupal, and trying hard to learn Drupal.
My apologize to all, if I am asking a silly question here.

I want to implement a dynamic web page for employee work report track
purpose using Drupal.

1) At the top of page I want a view (in table format), that will show
existing  records added.
2) At the center of page I want individual fields where we will enter data
for records
3) At the bottom of page I want buttons to add/modify/delete records.

Please see the attached word document, what I am trying to make.

So individual users can enter data for records and using "add" button  I
should be able to add the records.
With every add/modify/delete operation records shoud be updated in database.
Next time user logs in should be able to see previously added records.

In Drupal7 what is the best way to do it. Please provide your valuable input
earliest.

I have thought of below option. Please correct me if I am heading towards
wrong direction.

a.  I will have a panel page and  using layout manager will create three
regions top, center and buttom.
b.  In top, I will add the view , center will add the individual fields and
at buttom will add buttons.
c. I need to explore how to create view, individual text-field/text-areas
and buttons and add - If you know it, please let me know.
d. And how do I include the database specific code such as INSERT, DELETE
etc.

Best Regards
Austin.