[development] D6 Cleaning up on module uninstall

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Wed Jan 26 21:48:23 UTC 2011

I have my module -install- working fine...creating the needed
vocabulary, cck content type with fields, adding the content type to the
vocabulary. Now I'm working on the uninstall, and the seemingly infinite
cleanup that's needed, not that anyone would ever want to remove my
module, once installed!

I believe I have the vocabulary and its data, and the cck content type
and its data accounted for with:

   taxonomy_del_vocabulary($vid);

   drupal_load('module', 'content');
   content_notify('uninstall', 'my_module');

and that brings me to nodes et al. There will be nodes (and node
revisions) to be removed, and each node can have multiple field
instances (cck image field). I don't seem to see a magic function that,
given a node type, will remove all associated node data for that type.
Also, I think I should remove the files that were uploaded as cck image
content. Any tips on a good example of a complete "undo"? :)

--

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263
IM (Yahoo) baalwww    (MSN) baalwww at yahoo.com
Skype: ayendesigns

Ayen Designs is a tradename of the computer services division of