[development] Drupal 4.6 API documentation

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Fri Jan 28 05:17:37 UTC 2011

On 27/01/2011 5:48 PM, Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:
> Just to clarify, all of the API documentation for any Drupal release
> is contained in in-code comments, so if you download Drupal 4.6 (or
> get it from CVS), you will have all of the API documentation along
> with it.
It looks like the 4.7 API is also gone from api.drupal.org.

I'm not familiar with the exact rationale behind removing the old
documentation, but I previously found it handy to be able to go back to
unsupported releases to learn about the history and the changes in
current functions. While I can understand removing old releases to
hammer in that they aren't supported, it would still be useful to have
old release API documentation existing somewhere on *.drupal.org for
historical and educational purposes.

Perhaps we could have a static HTML version of the old APIs posted
somewhere?

--Andrew