[development] Drupal core initiatives

Greg Knaddison greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Mon Jun 13 14:50:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Gábor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:
> Well, our current approach is to use g.d.o group posts in the Drupal
> Initiatives group that anyone can sign up for. The group is at
> http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-initiatives

Yes and no.

I agree with Daniel's concern that too much of this is happening in
closed venues, often with the claim that it's the only way to get
things done. And I think even you, Gabor, share a bit of this concern
based on your tweet from three hours ago -
http://twitter.com/#!/gaborhojtsy/status/80225914683785216

I won't say the mailing list is the right place, but I do think it's
important to consider more perspectives than simply the insider
groups. In my opinion the best way to do that is to have discussions
out in the open.

>From personal observation I believe Greg Dunlap is spending a
significant effort on seeking and synthesizing feedback and I
encourage everyone to do the same.

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 720-310-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com