[development] Drupal core initiatives

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Jun 13 14:35:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

Well, our current approach is to use g.d.o group posts in the Drupal
Initiatives group that anyone can sign up for. The group is at
http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-initiatives

There are also calls every two weeks between the initiative owners,
Dries, Angie, et. al. to hammer out the more pressing things and
generally figure out the details that cannot be worked out in email
our issue queues. Angie plans to write blog posts with reports on
what's happening at these meetings (probably to be published in the
drupal initiatives group linked above or maybe on her blog).

I'm not sure the development list is a good medium for these
discussions. On g.d.o you can selectively follow the specific groups
set up for the work or follow the main group overall. More importantly
you can go back and participate in discussions which started before
you became a member or became aware of the initiative even. This does
not work in emails. I'm probably of the more prolific writers among
the initiative leads on that group, and while I'm not sure I could
reach the whole audience I wanted to, I think the group posts help
keep the discussion focused and open. Many of the people who commented
there with valuable feedback I'm sure not even members of this list.

Gábor