[development] D7 additional content type settings [was: D7 node flow]

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Wed Jun 29 01:25:56 UTC 2011

Still unclear on this...not for lack of searching.  If I add a field to
node_type_form with hook_form_alter, how do I access that field's
contents when NOT on the content type page? For example, if as a result
of hook_form_alter my content type form shows the following:

Default options
Published
Promoted to front page
Sticky at top of lists
Create new revision
My option

The setting for My options shows up every time I edit the content type,
but how do I access it when content is being created for that content type?