[development] Huge Database Operation

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Mon Mar 7 05:04:11 UTC 2011

On Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:51:04 pm nan wich wrote:
> Now, to offer another option. One possible drawback to CCK is that all
> fields will be loaded when the node is loaded, including possibly
> unzipping the resume. If you code your own node module, you have more
> control over which pieces are loaded (think performance) at any particular
> event. There are examples of this in the API site. I believe the examples
> include search indexing.

If you're using filefield (which in D6 you should be), then the resume file
won't even be loaded from disk until you try to use it.  The rest of the node
will be, but if you're just offering the resume file for download you just
provide a link to it and you're done.  It gets stored on the file system where
it belongs.

--Larry Garfield