[development] use multi site or not?

Pooya pooya.source at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:14:34 UTC 2011

Hey guys
I've done a few sites using drupal but never a multi. I got this new
customer who wants me to make a huge portal website for manchester united
team. It's a multi language site, which contains 2 sub-sites: Manchester
United and England national football team(default is manchester). after lots
of talking over content and features, I found out that they need all
galleries, news, menus, front-page and other features to be different for
each team. This needs 2 different themes at least(each with two language rtl
and ltr). here's a shot: http://016.img98.net/out.php/i75495_1.png

To be honest I prefer a framework like CI for such a thing and if using
drupal avoid multi-sites cause I don't have enough experience with.
My question here is *what if I don't want to use multi-sites* and share some
tables. Drupal's a good choice? Have you ever tried to do such a thing? any
strategy? anything would help me hear rly.

PS. I want to use drupal because of real good community, and the ability
which makes me do this real fast(I want to end this project in less than
2month max). Also developing's much easier, they may ask for more features
in like a year after site's done. I have lots of trouble these days adding
features to old projects.

--
Pooya Sanooei
Twitter <http://twitter.com/sourcesoft> -